The biggest challenges long-established colleges are facing today is tuition rising, and state budgets are remaining tight. These two encounters have led many students to search for alternatives. Students, from working professionals to recent high school graduates has found that solution in distant learning. At least one in four students are enrolled in at least one distant course.
According to study, in 2014 there were around 5.8 million students registered in distance learning courses, and in 2015 it was up by 3.9 percent over the previous year. The public institutions of higher education represented nearly three-quarters of all enrollments. With this fact, it is no secret remote learning has apparently become one of the most traditional higher education replacements.
Getting higher education is vital for everybody in the world who wants to compete with the advanced and modern cultures. In some countries getting a tertiary education is not a big deal, but in some other countries, it has become a problem for the people. It requires not only time and interest but also money. Nowadays, higher education is becoming imperative for the attaining or securing a decent job in the market.
Distance learning plays a vital role in fulfilling the needs of people who do not have enough time and money to spend on their higher education. Like all other things in the world, distance learning does have pros and cons points. For now, a few facts of distance learning are given below so that people can understand correctly that how it works?
Pros of distant learning
• Students can access online courses at their convenience, taking additional time on subjects if needed and completing the course in a much timelier manner that is easy and convenient.
• Class work can be done simultaneously with other responsibilities.
• Students do not have to feel socially pressurized; they can develop their own identity.
• Students can get special attention in the subject he/she is weak in.
• Students do not have to deal with bullies or bad influence from others.
• Online learning is the easiest way to avoid the distraction and focus on required courses.
Cons of Distant learning
• Some students become lonely or miss the classroom encounter.
• Students have the responsibility of making sure they are learning well without an actual teacher.
• Sometimes it is hard for students to learn without a teacher to demonstrate the learning process.
• Students must make sure the online school is a credited class; otherwise, businesses and universities will not accept their transcript.
• Students must be motivated, or they will find it challenging to focus on completing their work. They do not have an actual teacher with them to support them daily.
Distance learning solves the problems of time to the people. It is true that people want to go for the job right after their graduation to earn some money. When they do so, they get the least time to spend on their education. Distance learning provides them variability in the hours and time to devote to their studies.
Nowadays, many companies and large organizations also recommend their employees to go for online education to promote them or to increase their knowledge. It not only helps the company in which the employees are working, but it also helps the employees to seek a new and substantial position in the company.
Distance learning also solves financial problems of the people. The individuals who cannot afford higher education even after getting a job can go for distance learning. Such education is much more economical as compared to regular school. You do not need to go to the offices to pay your fee or monthly charges. Just get the account number and pay your fee from the nearest available bank.
Getting higher education through online means does not mean that you do not have to give quizzes and assignments to the tutors. You must submit the assignments and attend exams on the regular intervals of time. Even there are some focus groups where you can chat with your fellow students or talk with your tutor for solving your problems